Sunday 18 January 2009

Tele Bird meets Bookworm. Part the third.


Now while Tele Bird is a slave to TV,
The Bookish Worm favours the library.

For wormy no life spent in televisual haze,
better to find books upon which to gaze.

Therein to be found all of lifes pleasures,
a gripping good yarn and knowledge to treasure.


I think I might get an ex libris bookplate design out of this one. The writting on the worm's body took longer than expected. It's been so long since I last wrote anything in longhand I've forgotten how. I tried to think back to all the 'sandcastles in a line' exercises we did at primary school to practice before we started longhand proper. I used to get ticks and 'well dones', not any more. Mrs. White would turn in her grave to see that alphabet!

2 comments:

ArtSparker said...

The alphabet is lovely...sandcastles in the air?

And I thought I never missed not having a good English education!

Anonymous said...

your work is really quite magical sir.