Wednesday 11 March 2009

character possibly in a new story...



I hate it when the blog posting slips. What with being away for a few days then having to do DIY my blog has been an itch I haven't scratched! But I have been wanting to get down to a new story and have been churning ideas over for the past few days. At it's present stage there is an octopus in the story somewhere. If you've seen my website and looked back through the blog you will note I have a thing about octopeeses (along with apes, monkeys, polar bears etc etc etc...). I really want to get one into a story somehow. Every time I see my blog banner the silhouette pus stares out at me demanding to be used. That silhouette came from a digital 'loosening up' doodle which I've dug out of the archive and started to play around with... if only so I post something and start to get ideas out of my head. More as it occurs folks, thanks as always for stopping by :)

16 comments:

Chris Kennett said...

Yeah I always notice this little fella in your banner. Such a strong design he just jumps right out. I really like the first treatment you've done here. Look forward to hearing about his adventures.

turcios curriculum said...

PRECIOSO PULPO.SALUDOS

Carmen SaldaƱa said...

Ohhhh, I love this octopus, It´s very nice!!!

david kow said...

i love the second one!!!!

Kev Levell said...

Yeah this guy is great, nice friendly looking character. Looking forward to seeing his tale/tentacle take shape! I can see the poor little chap getting all entangled in kelp and encountering nasty looking denizens of the deep!

verification: loblob
seems appropriate, but I don't know why!
Lob Lob, Lo Blob...
that's what the flower-pot men say!

fashion fucsia said...

Ha ha... This octopus is really adorable!! It will be a good story, sure.
:)

ArtSparker said...

That is one cheerful- beaked fellow - looks ready to counteract the work of sea-monsters and sirens to the extent he is able by helping out mariners. I am sure there's a story there.

Chris Kennett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris Kennett said...

Hey Matt thanks for the comments. I've answered your questions in my own post's comments, lest I clutter yours with my own waffle. Which I'm kind of already doing...I'll stop now.

Chanp said...

great stuff here on the blog, love the simplicity of your work and the beautiful shapes!

Nathanael Lark said...

Great design!

Amy C said...

he is totally cute

krisztina maros said...

i've been loving your banner since at first sight. this paper-cut effect is so original. i would like to see a children's book with your octopus character. i'm sure that he's got so warm hug...

Unknown said...

What a great design!

diegoLARAsaltos said...

really cool work...
hugs from the south

d.

Kay Aker said...

The octopus is woefully underrepresented in literature and this looks like a lively candidate.