Friday 22 May 2009

froggy went to pieces... ...?!



A bit strange this one, just take it as based on a dream (and not mine either... before you ask) and leave it at that. The frog in pieces (and drawn that way) is for a birthday card but while I had all the bits I couldn't resist assembling him and seeing what I had. Like the the tightrope elephant in an earlier post of mine I really like the surprise anatomy and pose you end up with by having the ability to shove limbs about the place. Think this could easily develop into a theme :)

Many thanks for all the kind comments on my last few posts (I'll post my children's book entry soon... ta for asking:) I haven't been blogging back at people and I'm sorry for that. As always I'll try to pull my blog socks up but I'm off for a week so they will have to stay at half mast until I get back from the wild north. If you're UK based have a great bank holiday ... for the rest of the planet enjoy the weekend folks! See you in a week, TTFN

9 comments:

Jacqueline Hudon-Verrelli said...

I love your frog. As usual, great texture and colour. His expression is perfect.

Phil Toodle said...

Lovely frog dude. The colour and texture are lovely. Thanks for your comments on my blog by the way.

ArtSparker said...

He looks like he's doing a froggy jig.

Ali said...

this is great, love it!

Carmen SaldaƱa said...

Amazing frog, the textures and the color are wonderful. In spanish I could say that you´re un artistazo!
:-)

fashion fucsia said...

Your work is always so great, and this frog is specially wonderful: expression, textures, colors... this illo is fantastic!!!
^_^

michael robertson said...

very cool stuff-I really like the muted color and great texture... always enjoy checking out your blog.

Laura said...

Oh, poor froggie!!
Glad to see he's pulled himself back together again!

Great work, without a doubt.

Hope you are enjoying your holiday! (Although I say this full of envy...) XD

Tel Coelho said...

AMAZING!!!!