Monday 2 May 2016

William Shakespeare

Now I'm not sure why we mark the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death... I would have thought marking the anniversary of his birth was more uplifting... but there you go. What with everything bard I couldn't help but doodle this, just to see what I ended up with. Interestingly, while doing a quick google image search I happened upon some research that suggested Shakespeare may very well have had a bone tumour in his skull which could explain some of the unusual proportions seen in the most famous engraving of the chap on the title page of his first folio. I might have over emphasized this in my sketch, just a little... I also had a bit of fun with the 17th century practice of letter f's (actually "long s's" I learned) instead of s's (only seen with letter s's within words apparently...). Don't know if "toast" was really an appropriate word to use about his "demise" but I needed some s's.

2 comments:

RIA Institute of Technology said...

Great post!! Thanks for sharing...
Java Training in Bangalore

pg slot said...

โปรโมชั่น pg slot รวมโปรสล็อต PG โปรโมชั่นดีๆสุดพิเศษและก็ร้อนแรงมาเสนอแนะสำหรับคุณ สำหรับสาวกสล็อตตัวจริงต้องห้ามพลาดกับโปรโมชั่นที่พวกเราเตรียมความพร้อมมายกให้คุณทุกวัน