Saturday 14 November 2009

There's a Lion in my Bathroom - sketches 5



Almost a week between posts! I haven't been shirking though. I've a few posts for the book saved up but I won't flood the blog all in one go (might be a difficult 'meal to digest all at once :). Here's the 'appetiser' as it were. These are two versions for the poem titled "My Girlfriend". All that you really need to know is the unnamed narrator of the piece has built themselves a girlfriend out of an assortment of odds (very odds) and ends. As one line in the poem says this creation was perfect for warding off crows I decided to hang my hat on that. You could say an alternative title might now be the farmers romance...?! I actually don't think the addition of the farmer in the second sheet is doing all that much for the poem but in the interests of variety and choice I put him in there for to see how he fit. More 'courses' to follow shortly!

3 comments:

Phil Toodle said...

The artwork you've produced for this project is great. It looks like you're have a lot of fun.

Mukpuddy said...

Yeah man, these are great!

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

What fun drawings. Love the expressions on the characters' faces.

Beverly

http://beverlystowemcclure.blogspot.com