Saturday, 18 October 2008

Ignatius J. Reilly


Here's my take on Ignatius J. Reilly, the main protagonist of "A Confederacy of Dunces" by John Kennedy Toole. If you've read it.... well then you know... if you haven't, by crikey hurry up and do so as soon as possible!!! There is no way to adequately sum up this truly wonderful book, and don't just go off the publishers blurb on the back either. All I will say is J K T created a unique living, breathing, opinion spouting, plastic cutlass wielding, belching (thanks to his wayward 'valve') character in Ignatius. It's an hilarious piece of perfectly crafted writing (Toole received the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction posthumously for it) and I urge you to read it at once, if not before.

Thanks to Phil for reading it first.
Here you are Kev, thanks for holding off on posting your Ignatius till I pulled my finger out... cannot wait to see it!

5 comments:

Chris Kennett said...

Looks like I've got me a new book to add to the list. Great piccy, as per.

Kevin Levell said...

Very nice Matt... markedly different to mine, but oh, so, similar too...

I really like your version of Ignatius - especially the big nose and Mr. Men stance.

Curious Art said...

Brilliant!

anicca-anicca said...

This is the best depiction of Ignatius ever. Actually, the only good one out there.

Giovanni Rigano said...

just discovered and readed this amazing book. you did such a nice depiction of it!