Monday 13 September 2010

bulldozers and 3 legged dogs...


Unrelated outpourings from my drawing board. Here's a revised layout for the child's birthday painting I've been commissioned to paint. The parents opted for the bulldozer and asked for some tweaks here and there. Hopefully the little chap looks more like a caring tree planter, not a logger hell bent on deforesting! I'm thinking some nice texture and autumnal colours in all that dirt.


And why a 3 legged dog I hear you ask...? Olli's a work colleague's pooch (see my first ever blog post, boy has it been that long...) who sadly lost a leg earlier this year (well he didn't lose it, we know where it went but...you know...). Here's a quick doodle, he usually pops by my studio asking for a biscuit.

3 comments:

Simon said...

The Owen piece is really looking good! Top stuff Matt!

Jon Davis said...

Love Olli's expression, really captures how dog's sort of look up at you with furrowed brows :)

rxmex said...

I would like to have the chance of read more about it , I love the child's birthday painting because the children enjoy it at all !