Sunday 8 July 2012

tiny toad rescue...ant armagedon!


So there I was this morning, putting out the recycling when this tiny (say 20mm) toad hops on by... As luck would have it I live near a lake, so the little chap / chapess was ultimately non the worse for their modelling session. My good deed for the day. Ironic really, I relocated the toad partly because I was about to put down ant powder. Now I've nothing whatsoever against ants...fascinating critters, but I've asked them to move and they just won't see reason. You save one creature and wipe out several thousand. I think I've a few more toads to rescue to redress the balance...

1 comment:

Eric Barclay said...

Wonderful sketches. It's been too long since I've visited your site - I've missed a lot of great work! Hope you are well. Cheers, Eric