Monday 12 November 2007

storyboard- pages 8-9


Here's Grandpa hard at work on his night shift, which of course leaves hiim quite sleepy during the daytime!

I was talking with a friend over the weekend (many thanks for listening Al :) and realised that I need to change an aspect of the story on spread 18-19. There are one too many lightbulbs getting broken, which just spoils the flow of the story, so I've rewritten and will have to rework the sketch storyboard. There is another big plus in changing 18-19 as I get to have my storm sequence as a double page spread on 16-17. This was something I really wanted to do from very early on but couldn't get it to work with my earlier page plan. Now I can have this as a double spread it gives me the chance to really show the scale and power of the storm and the characters predicament.

2 comments:

Jacqueline Hudon-Verrelli said...

I really enjoy the narrative quality to the drawings of grandpa falling asleep. Great story telling!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!

As Jacqueline says the narrative quality to the images is very strong.

My only gripe (and its a very small one) is that with such high contrast on page 8 - particularly on the left side with the sharp jagged edges it maybe overpowers the beautiful lighthouse at night scene and the content of page 9 a little. But thats just a small complaint and others might not agree.
Cant wait to see some of these in colour.